Thursday, July 30, 2009

Almost done...

Tomorrow will be one week down, just 39 more to go. That's just 175 days done. Oops, I mean just 175 more days to go!!! All in all it has been a pretty good week. All of the kids seem to be adjusting well with how I work things and really haven't had any complaints. Have had to get after a couple of kids to settle down (8th and 10th graders to be exact) but such is life. We do a two week trial period and if we don't see an improvement with attitude, behavior, or school work, they are out.

"Gigantic" Bambino is doing very well. Haven't had one whine about his work yet. Little does he know, there is more to come for him as well. Have to get his scouting stuff worked back into his curriculum! Waaaahaaa! "Bright" Bambino, well he's a whole different story. Having a hard time with handwriting mostly because he is left handed. Cursive is hard anyways, but doing it left hand....jeesh talk about a hand cramp! I decided that with him I am going to do his math lessons after school. I know, I know, more work for me. I just feel that is the best way to do his math. Everything else will fall in place better by doing it that way. "Princess" Bambino is pretending to be Sleeping Beauty! Yesterday and today I allowed her to sleep in. Kind of how she did last year. This schedule is still all new to her and to me and we just have to work out the kinks. Probably will take us a few weeks but we will get there. She is doing awesome with her math and "English" even though we don't call it that now. We just say your writing work!

My favorite subject so far is History. We are using The Mystery of History vol 1. and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to start doing the "art" projects they have to go with it! So much fun. We have talked about the Creation, Adam and Eve, Jubal and Tubal -Cain. The boys all died of laughter when I mentioned that Adam and Eve were naked in the Garden. It was just too much!!!
Water aerobics was cancelled yesterday due to bad weather. Which was probably a good thing since I could hardly move my body! I was so sore and I know that after today, I am going to be walking like a mummy. Stiffed legged with my arms out in front of me. Worked really hard today! Would like to shed a few more pounds and tone some more! I did 51 pull ups today. My friend did 50, so I had to do 51 just to beat her! I mean come on, I am the teacher after all and it would just look bad to not do the most. So there you have it. The week in a nut shell! Oh one more thing, I am losing my voice. Could it be from all the talking I have been doing with school?

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever get a minute for yourself? You are so bussy, do not forget yourself. You need time for you to take the stress of school off of your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete