Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baseball

My "Gigantic" Bambino, loves baseball and has played for the past 5 years! He's pretty good too, and I am not just saying that because I am his mom...This year has been tough for him. See he moved up to the majors' and even though he has played ball with many of the boys for so long, it is just different. For example, the 2nd year boys are perfecting their pitching speed, curve balls, and just plain meanness. While the first years, are pretty much placed in the outfield have no chance of working on perfecting their own skills. Last year when he was in the minors (2nd year) he played 1st base and pitched! Awesome at it and good too... I remember one game where he had a no hitter! Those were the days for him. He said he can't wait for this year to be over and that he hopes he isn't #12 next year. This year he is #11 and is 11, he thinks it is a curse and that is why he had to play outfield. We explained that the only thing he can do is practice and be able to show the coaches he is good. That is just what he has done and I couldn't be more proud to be a part of something he loves!



Now you ask why I call him "Gigantic" Bambino? Well wouldn't you if you had an 11 year old son who is 5'3, wears a shoe bigger than yours, and is just as handsome as they come? Good luck to you my "Gigantic" Bambino, you are the best ball player I have ever known...keep up the good work and remember to practice during off season :)


1 comment: