Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Dog House

Okay, I know what you are thinking. Why is she going to talk about a dog house? Well, because this is no ordinary dog house, this is the RITZ... A former firefighter moved away and called "hot" firefighters captain and asked if he knew of anyone who needed a dog house. So of course we jumped on it! We have dogs, yes! So yesterday, "hot" firefighter and his captain went to pick up the dog house. I assumed that he would get home about an hour later then usual and we would go on about our day. Boy was I wrong! They arrived at 12:30, only 4 hours later than normal and they didn't have a dog house, they had, indeed the Ritz! My jaw dropped and I gasped, then I asked "what in the world"? They said, they couldn't believe it either. HAHA! (The Ritz, is only like 6' X 6'. See why I call it the Ritz?) I informed them that after 30 minutes of trying to figure out how to load it on the trailer, I would have been"too heck with it". But nope, not these two... They were not going to let a silly dog house beat them. When they arrived, two other firemen showed up ("hot" fire fighters other captain and chief) with a fork lift to move the dang thing to the back yard. How did they get it on the trailer without the fork lift? They borrowed a jack and jacked it up on to the trailer and then went and got logs to be able to roll the house in place. Oh my gosh...Talk about a long day. So after we had to cut the fence, lay the cement blocks, lock up the dogs somewhere else, and load the Ritz on the fork lift, set the house down, back the lift out, fix the fence, we were finally able to let the dogs out! It was crazy. At first, only one went in the Ritz. But today all three of them were sound asleep inside the Ritz! Those are the Sheppard's, the lab mix, well he is a whole different story and doesn't get to sleep in the Ritz. If only they could all get along and live happily together. Hum, something about the male ultra ego in all species!



The Ritz

Rommel, not sure what to think!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the dogs enjoy the Ritz, it was a pain to move.

    ReplyDelete