Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dread Day

Ugh, tomorrow "Bright" Bambino and I have eye appointments. Now, I don't know about you, but for me this is one of the worst appointments to have with a doctor. I truly do rate it up there with the other DREADED gynecology appointment. I hate getting my eyes dilated. I mean come on, I am going to the eye doctors for the mere fact that I cannot see and have been in glasses and contacts since 8th grade (um, never mind the year). Hello, that is why you are an eye doctor. I understand too, that as an eye doctor, they have to dilate the eye to be able to see the in's and out's of your eye. But I'm blind. I don't have glasses, I am a full time contact user! I need glasses just to have. So yep, tomorrow is the day. "Hot" firefighter has to drive us, since I have to take my contacts out (my very last pair), then "Bright" bambino and I get to sit there together while our eyes dilate. How fun! I can't even read to him, let alone look at a magazine. Just walking to the car is going to kill me. It is like having a white piece of paper outside and the glorious sun blinding you. Times that by 10 and that is how dilation is. Plus, after wards I always have a huge migraine and have to come home and sleep it off. Otherwise I puke. "Bright" Bambino, on the other hand doesn't mind going! Well, so that isn't exactly the truth. His trail to sight started when he was five and we learned he had a lazy eye. I was shoving carrots down him way before this so I think that is just a myth. Anyways, I would have to say that was a very hard year for us. Poor kid! First he tried wearing the patch over his good eye and even put a skull on it for fun. That wasn't working :( so we had to move to more drastic measures. We had to dilate his eye every single day for six weeks, then it was every other day, then every two. We finally got it down to once a week! We had to do the dilation program for a year. It stunk big time. Oh, lets not forget that we went through 12 pairs of glasses in that first year. Pitiful little guy, he broke the first pair just two days after we got them. I cried more than he did. HAHA! Four years later and no lazy eye. We had to do all kinds of exercises to help strengthen his eye and his eye sight in the eye that was lazy. His right eye was working overtime and now they are great! He does wear glasses and is just so ever handsome! But, still for me, the eye doctor is almost neck and neck with the gynecologist!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write. There is so much emotion that it makes me excited to see what you have to say next. Love it, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete